What is High Velocity Sales ?

by | Aug 29, 2022 | Sales Techniques | 0 comments

According to Forbes, Sales reps spend 35% of their time selling, while the other 65% goes to everything else besides it. But if they aren’t selling, What else are they doing? 

For companies with a standard sales process, their reps go through repetitive tasks such as lead capture and nurturing, contact management and virtual closing. Spreading themselves thin means less productive hours and slimmer conversion rate. To balance things up, high velocity sales (we will call it HVS from now on) was introduced.

 With the spotlight on HVS in this guide, part of what we will be covering include- the importance of HVS, its key components, and best practices that guarantees results such as shorter sales cycles.

What is High Velocity Sales (HVS) ?

Often practiced in SaaS companies, HVS is a concept that adopts some part of the B2C sales method into B2B sales processes to create a hybrid system. Such combinations would help sales reps save time on repetitive tasks while gaining access to AI tools that help identify and convert qualified prospects.

CRM providers such as Salesforce makes this possible by merging several component of sales into a single platform. Such level of diversity offers an agile HVS system that covers everything from pipeline, and lead management, to account management.

Why Is HVS Important In Sales ?

If you’ve been following, then it’s easy to see that the biggest advantage HVS model offers is a shorter sales cycle and more closed deals since it speeds up activities within the pipeline. Remember that aside from active selling, reps are tasked with administrative duties such as identifying new opportunities, hopping on sales calls, negotiating contracts, and following up on customers with conversion intent.

HVS integrates different functions that automate all of these processes. What’s more, is that information is streamlined in a way everyone can gain access in a few clicks. Obviously, this helps the team buy back some hours which goes into active selling

Essential Practices to Implement High Velocity Sales Model in Your Business

It’s impossible to incorporate HVS into your sales process without knowing what it comprises. Few ingredients are required to build an agile system that speeds your sales process. And they include:

  • Inside Sales Approach : Selling has gone completely virtual since Covid and your reps should be closing from their desk or computer, and not from the field to utilise a HVS model in your business.
  • Lead Capture and Nuture : For HSV to help you identify the best leads for your business, you have to take the first initiative to put your business out there. A lot of emphasis should go into brand awareness and content marketing. Traffic generated via content can be redirected to a landing page with a lead capture form.

With nurturing you can turn leads who showed little conversion intent into customers.

  • Set Metrics to Measure : HVS model leans on consistent reports. You need to set up metrics and track how close you’re to meeting them. This creates a path for improvement and strategic changes.

Final Words

A high velocity sales model if done properly will free up some hours for you and your sales team. And those extra hours can go into closing or adding more opportunity to the pipeline. Keep in mind that for this model to work, you ought to have a solid lead gen system and an effective inside sales team among a host of others.

While we’re far from implementing a HVS model into SalesDeck at the moment, we believe you and your team can benefit from SalesDeck’s existing features which helps you close more deals in less time. Want to see SalesDeck in action? Book a demo or Join the Early Adopter Program to improve sales results and lend your voice on how to improve the software.

Recent articles